Vienna: Schonbrunn Palace

This is my final post on Vienna, but I saved the best for last. We were staying a little way out from the city centre, but the upside to this was that we were within walking distance of the Schonbrunn Palace. This was formerly the summer palace of the royal family but is now a museum and park. The park and gardens are free to visit - but there is an entry charge for the rooms inside the palace as well as some other parts of the grounds, including a zoo.

I've never seen anything like this before. The gardens took hours to explore and there were surprises round every corner, but the palace itself completely took my breath away. We loved it so much that on our last day when we had a couple of hours spare before we had to be at the airport, we went back for more. 

I wanted to experience a classical concert whilst I was in Vienna so I opted to go to one of the nightly concerts held at the Schonbrunn in the Orangerie - where Mozart himself once performed. It was a little pricey, but an unforgettable experience.

Cream Top: Zara
Cream Shorts: Warehouse
Sunglasses: F&F
Shoes: Primark















Comments

  1. Gorgeous photos! I love the one with the reflection in the water. I can't wait to visit Vienna and this palace! Judging by your fabulous summery outfits, it looks like the weather was very cooperative and pleasant. Yay! BTW - If you ever want to tag any of your travel outfit photos with #talltravelstyle on IG, I'd love it. I was thinking it'd be fun for us tall chicks to use this hashtag so we can get inspiration from each other for our holiday looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth :) The weather was gorgeous - almost too hot. Great idea about the hashtag - will try and use it! x

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful place, just amazing! Thank you so much for sharing!

    Allison @ http://www.thetallmamastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison - hope you get to visit one day x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Something for the Weekend: Harewood House Food Festival

TallGirls.co.uk Pop Up Shop

In an English Country Garden