Scotland: Argyll & Bute

Today is my birthday - so naturally I took the whole week off to celebrate. What better way to spend it than a trip to one of my favourite places? The west coast of Scotland boasts some truly spectacular scenery. I've been a few times now and I can never get tired of it.

Links to all the places we visited are below (I whole-heartedly recommend a visit to all of them) but this post is going to be quite picture heavy so I'll shut up now and let the images do the talking.

Where we stayed: The Galley of Lorne Inn in Ardfern

Day 1:
Where we ate: Brambles (Inveraray) & The Galley of Lorne Inn
The Castle: Inveraray Castle (One of the locations used in Downton Abbey)

Day 2:
Where we ate:  The Lord of the Isles (Craobh Haven)
We went riding with: Lunga Stables (Craobh Haven)
Where we explored: Craignish Point & Ardfern Marina

Day 3:
Where we ate: The Oban Chocolate Company (Oban)
Boat trip (not pictured): Sealife Adventures (Seil Island)



Hat: Levis | Coat: Mango | Scarf: unknown | Jeggings: M&S | Boots: Debenhams







Jodhpurs: Unknown | Sweater: ASOS | Gilet: North Face | Trainers: Reebok

Craignish Point




Comments

  1. First, happy happy bday! Second, how amazingly gorgeous! What a fun way to celebrate your bday. I'm going to save this post for when we visit Scotland. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to celebrate your birthday -- and for a whole week! I love Scotland and your photographs are just breathtaking and make me "homesick", in particular the one with the sunken boat. Oban didn't have a chocolate factory when I was last there -- a great excuse to go back to this pictoresque town! You were really lucky with the weather... ;-)

    Anett | Tall Girl's Fashion

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Something for the Weekend: Harewood House Food Festival

Sights and Sounds of Nashville

A Year In The Life Of...