Americana

I'm a big fan of America - In fact it's my dream to do a coast-to-coast road trip across the States one day.

Last week it was Independence Day on the other side of the pond. (It was also, coincidentally, a year since I completed on my house, so I like to think of it as my own day of 'independence' ...more about that coming soon!)

The star-spangled banner is the main image associated with Independence Day, and this summer it's something that's really influenced high-street designs. So here's my pick of the best stars and stripes still out there at the moment...
 

Star Denim Hotpants, £28 from Topshop
wear with: Stipe Crop Top, £10 from Topshop & Ring, £8 from Urban Outfitters

Flag Vest, £20 (on sale) Hilfiger Denim via ASOS
Skinny Jeans, £45 (on sale) Kill City via ASOS

Flag Shorts, £15 from boohoo.com
wear with: Emroidered Blouse, £20 from Dorothy Perkins & Cowboy boots, £110 from Kurt Geiger
 
Skinny Jeans £38 (on sale) Tripp NYC via ASOS
wear with: Denim Biker Jacket £12.99 (on sale) from Zara & Canvas Shopper £13.00 (on sale) Pieces via ASOS
 
How would you wear this trend? S x

Comments

  1. Just found your blog via Laura's All the Tall Things. Always great to find another tall blogger. I'm American and have taken many awesome road trips. I'm trying to get to all 50 states....I think I've been to about 35 so far so I'm getting there. Highly recommend a coast to coast trip!! Loving your blog. You have great style.

    Bethany
    Longleggy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bethany, thanks for the lovely comments. I've been a reader of your blog for a while (which I also found through All The Tall Things) so it's really nice to hear from you. I'll have to call on you for tips when I eventually get around to doing that road trip! Take care xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Something for the Weekend: Harewood House Food Festival

Sights and Sounds of Nashville

In an English Country Garden